Having an authority online simply means that you’re not just an average web marketer out there. Authority means you know what you are doing. You know what you are saying and people trust what you are telling them. Having online authority means you can make complicated issues easy to understand and complex processes simple to comprehend. To put it simply, online authority works hand in hand with your audience’s trust,thus helping you build your online reputation.
The advantage of having online authority
Establishing yourself as a credible and legitimate source of information is actually an advantage because:
- It helps you rank higher on Google
- You are able to drive more traffic
- You convert more visitors into paying customers
- You gain the respect of your online peers
- In an industry where everyone says they’re an expert, being on top means you are the best.
Building your authority
Online authority sounds like a good thing, right? It’s more than a good thing it’s actually a boost to your SEO campaign. In fact, building your authority the right way can get you all the advantages that go with it. So how do you do it?
- Content – the most basic step in building your authority is by creating. You should know by now that quality content definitely sells and attracts your audience. A niche-focused blog helps you establish your authority easier. Keep in mind that creating evergreen content, keeping a consistent posting schedule and using other sources that are already authoritative are best for you to do.
- Links – this is usually done by using content marketing. Provide guest post to blogs relevant to your niche or use authoritative sites that cater to your niche like Huffington post, Mashable and Forbes to name a few.
- Social Media – social media is a powerful tool by which you can establish your profile as an authority and engage your audience at the same time. In fact, more than using Facebook or Twitter, Google+ builds your online authority faster. Google Chairman, Eric Schmidt, even confirmed that “information tied to verified online profiles ranked higher than content without such verification”.
What’s the easiest way to build online authority right now?
The three building blocks of SEO; content, links and social media all work together to help you establish your online reputation. The more people trust you, the more traffic it generates and that is good news for your business. To say that one is better than the other would be unfair because one element working alone has no substantial impact at all. Build your authority by using all three and remember to always think of quality over quantity.
Contact us at The Devon SEO Co. and we will help you to build your online authority, while in the process, helping your business to grow.